Paul, Ste & Ross are here with the build up show as Liverpool prepare to face Atletico Madrid at Anfield in the Champions League on Wednesday night. 3 points will send The Reds through to the last 16, do you think they’ll do it?
- Chance to put things right after the draw with Brighton.
- Who plays for the Reds? Any changes from the SXI with Brighton, other than Keita, who we know is out?
- Some calls over the weekend for Robbo to be rested and Tsimikas to play?
- We owe these one at Anfield after the 2020 game!
- Look at Atletico – They have drawn twice (2-2 with both Sociedad and Levante) and won once (3-0 over Betis at the weekend) since the game with us. Look more leaky than Simeone teams of the past, that should give us confidence?
- Flip side is, they are scoring a lot of goals too and we’ve hardly been water-tight recently!
- Look at Group B.
- A win guarantees Liverpool a place in the last 16. A LFC win combined with Porto not beating AC Milan would guarantee Liverpool top spot with two games left to play.
- A draw will put the Reds through if Porto don’t beat Milan. A Liverpool draw and Porto win would mathematically mean Liverpool could still not progress but a lot of things would need to happen in the last two games for that to be the case.