Lauren is joined by Tom to discuss what the Niamh Fahey being named vice-captain for the Reds and the positives and negatives of the new FA streaming app!
Liverpool Women’s Podcast – Episode 54
Agenda for today’s show!
Niamh Fahey named vice-captain for Liverpool
– This was a big question this season as to who would take that role after the departure of Little.
– I thought it would be Coombs as she was the longest serving player but she left for City
Niamh Fahey makes sense.
– She said on being named vice-captain “I feel very proud being named vice-captain, it is a big honour for me as a Liverpool supporter playing for the club.
– Jepson said “Niamh Fahey is a great leader on and off the pitch. On the pitch, Niamh came to us with a lot of experience playing internationally and at the previous clubs she has played for.
New Dressing Room
– Looks good
– Each individual player has their own spot with their name and number
– SBA and Fahey have captain and vice-captain on their spot too which is a nice touch
– Something special for just the players to have
– Confused as to where it is in the ground tho haha
Questions/Topics to discuss
– Alex Greenwood to Lyon – Absolutely mad.
– Although a fee has been agreed, personal terms have not so the deal could still not go through.
– Man City sign Lee Geum-Min from Gyeongju KHNP pending international clearance & will wear shirt #17. Nikkita Parris replacement?
FA Announce new streaming platform for Women’s Football
– Can no longer moan about not being able to watch women’s football!
– Free to use is a big one too, everyone loves something when it is free.
– Is it a good or bad move? Will this decrease the amount of people going to the games now?
– All 132 Barclay’s FA WSL league matches live and selected FA Women’s Championship Games.
– Register from the 2nd of September
– Can watch match highlights, features and archives from the Lionesses games
– Will be able to watch highlights, goals, features and archive matches from international women’s football.
– Similar to the NWSL app which I have and that is amazing. Can watch all the games live for free, can keep up to date with league position, top scorers etc so this is a great move by the FA.
– The BBC will still show highlights on their iPlayer too
– The Women’s football show on a Sunday on BBC will also still be a thing