Lauren is joined by Tom to discuss Liverpool’s recent form, the upcoming Derby with Everton at Anfield, the landmark moment for Women’s football with Australia women gaining equal pay and a whole host of other topics!
RMTV Women’s Podcast – Episode 64
Liverpool game review
- Aston Villa 2-0 Liverpool. No disrespect to Villa but we should be beating them.
- Another defeat in the continental cup.
- Only won one game this season and that was in the cup, 5-1 over Coventry.
- What’s going wrong?
- Makes me really nervous for the Derby
Plug the Derby
- Adults & over 65’s = 5 pound
- Juniors (16 and under) = FREE
- Season ticket holders and members can gain admission free of charge but still have to secure their ticket in advance.
- Tickets are still on general sale so if you haven’t already got some and you would like to attend then go over to Liverpool twitter, we’ve tweeted the link to and you can also just go on the website. I’ll leave all the links in the description box!
- It is also part of the women’s football weekend so that is fun
- Will do a proper video about it next week as a build up show
Plug Amy going to Wembley on Saturday!
- It was reported on the BBC that former capped internationals have been invited to the game and are set to be recognised beforehand.
- Can only assume that will be something on the pitch before the match starts.
- A Landmark moment in Women’s football as Australia Women’s national team have secured equal pay. This means that they will be paid the same as their male counterparts.
- It is also said that they will reportedly share commercial revenue and prize money evenly.
- The deal is agreed in principle and now only requires legal ratification.
- Australia women ranked 8th in the world, Australia men ranked 44th in the world.
- Women used to earn 66% of what the men did.
- Do you think this helps USA Women in their fight?
- Recent interview with FIFA
- He says that the WWC was the best 52 days of his career. Thoughts?
- He wishes he could go back to that semi-final against USA (Don’t we all Phil)
- Looking back at it now, we both watched the semi-final at your house, if you could choose someone to take that penalty kick, who would you pick and why?
- No scores but player contracts options/offers have been given out
- USA squad members and Canadian players are like automatically given roster spots but trades can still happen.
- All players only given one-year contracts which is sort of what happens in the WSL too. What’s your thoughts on players only getting one-year deals?